Friday, January 16, 2015

Adventures of Little Peter: Ninjas Everywhere! Pt. 1






Little Peter is the superhero vigilante of Port Huron. His brother, Jonah, is his cameraman and sidekick. These are their adventures.




By Sonny Long




“Brother,” Little Peter said to Jonah. “You should probably get the mail.”


Jonah was reading the paper and lowered it slightly to look at Little Peter. “I already got it,” he retorted.


“I know,” Little Peter said back. He began pacing around the room nervously.


“What’s the matter?” Jonah asked. Little Peter’s nervousness began making Jonah nervous.


“I think we’re being watched, brother,” Little Peter said carefully, still glancing around the room, checking corners and crevices.


“Well, that’s the life a vigilante leads, brother,” Jonah replied to Little Peter.


“This is different,” Little Peter said. “I feel a… strong presence. One I haven’t felt since I became Little Peter.” Little Peter paused. “Not that I would know.”


Suddenly, the ceiling above them gave way and a dark figure fell through. Pieces of ceiling fell onto our hero, thrusting him down to the ground harshly. The figure carried a large sword and wore a mask. Little Peter, after a moment to gather himself, realized the figure was a real-life ninja.


Little Peter got to his feet, attempted to grab the ninja, but he was too fast. The ninja had already retreated through the side window, doing a kick-ass back flip and other such ninja stuff.


Jonah rushed into the room, peered into the new hole in the ceiling, and stood in shock. “That was my room!” he yelled. “We have to do something about these ninjas! They’ve been popping up in peoples’ houses all over town!”


“We’re not exterminators, brother!” Little Peter yelled frantically.


Jonah sensed the hurt in Little Peter’s voice. “What’s wrong, brother?” he asked solemnly.


“He got away!” Little Peter began tearing up, but turned his back quickly, not allowing Jonah to see his face. “I’ve never let a perp get away before!”


“Look, how about I make it up to you? I’ll get the camera and we can go downtown. We’ll look for more ninjas and I’ll videotape you fighting them so I can upload it to Youtube later. Sound cool?” Jonah said persuasively.


Little Peter looked up at Jonah and smiled. “You’d do that for me?”


“Of course,” Jonah said smiling. “To the BrotherBike?”



For Part 2, click here.



Follow Eddie Jose Morales on twitter for scary short stories. Check out our friends at quarterreads.com and writerspouch.blogspot.com for more stories. Tell them we sent you!


As always, thanks for reading and stick around for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment